Wear Gray for Brain Awareness Week March 15th through 21st
March 15th through the 21st is designated as Brain Awareness Week by The Dana Foundation. It is a global campaign to increase public awareness about the progress and benefits of brain and nervous system research.
So why is should you be aware of Brain Awareness Week?
Brain and nervous system research is the key to better understanding the whys and hows of many neurological disorders. The more we learn about the brain, the better doctors and scientists can treat a patient when issues arise.
To help you flex your brain a little more, here are some brain facts:
- Humans have the most complex brain of any animal on earth.
- There are hundreds of different neurological disorders. A few are Autism, Alzheimer’s Disease, Epilepsy, and Parkinson’s Disease. Neuroscience is an important study to better understand these disorders as well as how the brain responds to injury.
- Your brain uses 20% of your body’s energy, but it makes up only 2% of your body’s weight.
- Your cerebral cortex is about as thick as a tongue depressor. It grows thicker as you learn and use it.
- Your brain generates 25 watts of power while you’re awake—enough to illuminate a light bulb.
- One million Americans are treated and released from hospital emergency departments as a result of traumatic brain injury (TBI).
Spread the Word about Brain Awareness Week with these Support Store Products
Express “Hope, Courage, Faith” for those you know with neurological disorders by wearing this medium grey solid color wristband. This debossed (letters are molded into the wristband) 8″ adult sized bracelet is made with 100% silicon rubber in a durable long lasting design, packed in an individual poly bag.
Price: $0.89 to $2.50 each
Buy this 3.5″ x 8″ “Light Grey – Silver – White Awareness” Car Magnet in our classy, clean, ribbon design. Like two magnets in one – the center of the ribbon is removable for separate use. This ribbon magnet is manufactured and printed in the USA on premium quality, super-thick (.030) magnetic material with UV protected inks.
Price: $1.25 to $2.99 each
Looking for other items for a specific neurological disorder? Check these pages: